Senior Legal Counsel - Commodity / Finance Industry
Our client is a dynamically growing company in Zug / Switzerland which provides alternative structured trade financing solutions to commodity market players in cooperation with private and institutional investors.
Due to the upcoming further expansion of the business activities in the field of trading and the targeted growth, we are looking for a highly qualified person as
Senior Legal Counsel
In this newly created role and reporting to the CEO, you will be solely responsible in providing the Company with effective and comprehensive
legal advice on business issues and strategies. This covers everything from providing legal input and advice on any kind of issues connected to the activities of the company, in particular preparing, drafting and reviewing finance and sales contracts and agreements, corporate documents, set up and review of policies and in general ensuring the Company operates in compliance with applicable laws as well as handling complaints.
- Providing legal support and advice to the Company
- Corporate housekeeping of the Company and its subsidiaries in line with Swiss law
- Drafting and reviewing all types of contracts in the scope of the activities of the Company (financing, sales, intercompany etc.)
- Selecting, instructing and supervising external lawyers regarding arbitration or court case of the company or to obtain legal advice for foreign jurisdictions.
- Supervising and guiding all activities of the department
- Advising and coordinating with internal parties to identify and resolve business and legal issues
- Providing ongoing counsel, advice and support
- Overseeing general legal practices
- Negotiations with third parties
- Design or review of various company policies
- Supporting management in various ad‐hoc requests
- Swiss Law degree (Master of Law) or European law degree with solid Swiss legal standards knowledge
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in an international environment, preferably in Finance and / or Commodity industry
- Knowledge of FINMA regulation and tokening is of advantage.
- Sound project management experience and strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and solid understanding German
- Confident and proficient use of MS Office
- Accurate and efficient working style
- Self‐confident and an ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and comfortable dealing with change and ambiguity
- Structured approach and an ability to analyze complex legal issues and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and team focused with professional and culturally sensitive work ethic
- strong customer service commitment and ability to influence and negotiate
- Self‐motivated to complete tasks and thrive in high pressure environment
If you are a Senior Legal Professional with a passion for the trading industry and a desire to make a significant impact, this role offers a wide range of responsibilities in a dynamically growing company with start-up character and good team spirit.