Risk Analyst Commodity (Energy)
Our client, a leading global Energy Commodity Trading Company in Zug / Switzerland, is looking for a
In this additional position within the corporate Risk Department, reporting to the department head as well as to head of Trading, CFO and CEO your main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct daily/weekly market risk reporting for trading activities to ensure correctness and completeness, valuation of open physical and paper positions at market value
- Communication of market risk results to Trading and members or the management team
- Perform independent verification of market prices
- Participate in the ongoing enhancement of the market risk analytical framework, including capturing of additional risk factors overall systems integration and PnL reconciliation
- A very good bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Economics or a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics or mathematics
- 5+ years of experience in a similar function in Risk Management area with an international physical energy trading company (LNG, NG, Biofuels, Petrochemicals)
- Solid understanding of commodity valuation risk metrics of a trading company (operational, price, base and currency risk)
- Strong analytical skills, solution and output orientated with a sense for quality & detail. Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with and challenge traders and senior management
- Good computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and Business objects, experiences in trading systems
- Fluency in English, German understanding is an asset
The ideal candidate is a good team player, flexible, able to work under pressure as well as self-motivated with a proactive work attitude and developing efficiency and enrichments within the team.
Our company offers a very attractive position within a dynamic, flat organization where your contribution will be recognized and rewarded.
Are you interested in this opportunity – Gerda Staeger will await your full application.