Our client is the trading arm of a major, established metals producer.
For the small and international team in Trade Finance, we are looking for a
Letters of Credit Specialist
- Issuance and reviewing of sales and purchase contracts.
- Receipt and review collateral: letters of credit, demand Guarantee, credit insurance, etc.
- Monitoring deliveries from the supplier and ensuring that transaction is completed within deadlines
- Monitoring of credit limits, exposure, commitment with suppliers/ buyer for sales on open account terms
- Handling of export letters of credit, demand guarantee (obtaining of competitive L/C confirmation and discounting costs, preparation of documents for negotiation under export L/C, communication with banks, control of bank charges)
- Keeping track of accounts receivable and accounts payable, chasing of outstanding payments
- Confirming accuracy of logistics expenses related to sales contracts (port handling charges, freight, storage costs, cleaning of cargo, dispatch/demurrage costs)
- Handling of quality and quantity claims
- Assist the management in preparing various internal/external and special reports with the required data and accurate information
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, international business
- sound knowledge in handling, negotiating LC's
- 2 - 5 years of experience within a commodity trading company or a commodity trade bank
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (specifically Excel and Database)
- English as working language
- Experience in SAP
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of UCP 600, ISBP, URDG and URR 725 is a plus
- You are resident in Switzerland with Permit B or C / CH Citizenship
Apply here for this Job