Our company a well-established European energy producer and trader, specializes in trading in energy commodities (gas, electricity and emission allowances). The company is transferring their trading activities from abroad and setting up a new trading hub in Zug / Switzerland.
Therefore we are looking for a qualified
Reporting to the CFO and working together with the Finance department in the Group, the Senior Accountant will manage and oversee all financial activities, transactions and required reports for the Swiss trading company.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the full accounting and compliance activities (under Swiss Accounting standards)
- accurate and timely month-end reporting, meeting all company´s and regional deadlines (IFRS)
- accounting for derivative operations;
- processing of annual financial statements in compliance with the legislation;
- liaising with auditors and ensuring all audits are completed on time;
- processing of statements - according to SCO and IFRS
- cooperating with the controlling team on all ad-hoc projects as required
- processing of VAT returns and control reports for the relevant tax periods
- BA / MA, further education in Finance
- +3 years experience in General Accounting within an international company, ideally in commodity trading
- Swiss Accounting degree or profound experience working with Swiss accounting regulations
- IFRS (group reporting, audit)
- excellent command of English and German;
- ability to identify, escalate and resolve potential issues;
- reliability and ability to work independently;
- effective communication skills;
- Adhering to principles and values
- Ability to work under pressure, react quickly and draw conclusions.
- Responsibility and proactivity
- Adapting and responding to change
- Team focused, working well with people
Our company is offering a broad role with competitive salary package in a very dynamic environment, flat hierarchy, good team spirit.