Head Global Business Development
Our client is a biochemistry startup with a new, disruptive technology for permanent hygienic safety. The headquarters are located in Zug (Switzerland) and has operations in India and sales offices in Germany, USA, Singapore, and Tokyo.
To complete the Management in Zug office, we are looking to fill the position of
Head Global Business Development
You will lead the Sales department, reporting directly to the CEO.
We are looking for an experienced, multifaceted person who can take the reins and direct the development and strategy of our Sales team.
Customers are your number one priority. You want to engage and delight them. Even before they know that we exist and that we can help them. You know who they are and how to approach them. You can convince them that we’re the best solution out there. You onboard them and once they are a user, you continue ensuring that their experience with our products delights them. In other words: With your team, you will own the entire customer process. From identifying the right leads, to consulting them on our solution and value, to closing the deal and ensuring that the customer continues to be happy with us.
You thrive in the hustle of a fast-growing company, are a team player, and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done. Beyond your responsibilities, you want to help build a great company that redefines hygiene.
- Leading the Sales department, which includes the marketing, CRM, sales development and support team
- Define, together with the leadership team, the sales strategy and implementation; identify strategic targets (regions, client types, etc) and execute together with your team
- Creating smooth processes that turn customer interest into a sales opportunities. Implement best practices for consistent and effective sales processes. Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics
- Build, manage, and convert your own pipeline of prospective clients, including demos of our offering both remote (phone calls, emails, LinkedIn) as well as in-person (at trade shows and in person meetings)
- Establish executive level relationships within identified and assigned prospects to drive sales opportunities and promote the company’s value proposition
- Work with the R&D team to define and expand use cases for our technology
- Initiate and lead the business development processes, acquire new projects, drive and lead the quotation process and the presentation of the company’s proposed solutions
- Provide regular and ad-hoc activity, market, sales funnel reports as required
- Ensure that deliveries match the client's expectations and business/profitability objectives
- Onboard new customers and provide coaching & support to improve adoption of our solution
- Work to increase product adoption, worldwide customer engagement, and satisfaction proactively
- Establish relationships with partners to ensure we’re always the preferred choice
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the leadership team to get things done
- Position requires travel (approximately 80% of your time).
- MBA (Sales & Marketing)
- 10+ years’ experience in a high-performance B2B working environment e.g. sales, customer management and/or business development
- Experience in B2B biochemical/ specialty materials/technical sales
- Fluency in English and German, Hebru (preferably) another language is a plus
- Leadership experience in a sales or a related team is a must
- Experience with CRM solutions is a must
- An analytical and data-driven mindset
- A relentless passion for sales and customer success
- An eye for detail
- An independent, structured and conscious working style
- Creativity and strong persuasion as well as excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly within cross-functional teams
- Hard-working, efficient and results-driven.
- Outstanding MS Office skills (Excel & Powerpoint)
- Experience in regulatory affairs is a plus
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in an agile environment (e.g. a startup)
- Opportunity to shape and lead the business development function at Livinguard
- The chance to take on an exciting role in a fast-growing start-up
- A young, talented, motivated, positive and humorous team
- Supportive work culture, in which everyone is committed to building a successful business
- Open corporate culture with flat hierarchies and direct feedback
- A fair and competitive salary
- Attractive Bonus incentive
- 5 weeks vacation with the possibility to take an additional 2 weeks unpaid vacation
- Flexible home-office possibilities
- Centrally located in Zug
- Regular team events