Senior Power Trader
Our client is a trading company, specializing in energy commodities – mainly electricity, natural gaz and emission allowances. The company is part of a major energy group in Europe with own plants.
They recently opened its office in Switzerland. This brings opportunity to work in a growing company with a start-up feel (total headcount is currently 20 people) combined with a sound financial backing of an established and profitable international energy group.
To expand the already existing business and team, we are looking for a qualified
Senior Power Trader
to develop and execute proprietary trading strategies in power markets across Europe and in related commodity markets – this could include directional trading, time/location/commodity spread-betting and also cross-border trading.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Proprietary trading of power and related products - e.g. spark-spreads, EUAs, natural gas, coal and oil in wholesale energy markets.
- Generating positive PnL based on own analysis of market conditions.
- Focus on mid and long-term products (usual trading tenor from month ahead to Y+2).
- Building and developing market models and trading strategies.
- Demonstrating profitable success in running proprietary trading book.
- Ensuring ETRM system is operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- 3y+ experience as Trader in energy commodity trading, mainly power
- Proven ability to generate trading profits in energy markets (profitable track record).
- Technical ability to develop own trading strategies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced English another European language is an advantage.
- Analytical skills and structured thinking.
- Able to work on own initiative and as a part of a cohesive team.
- Creativity and independent thought when solving problems.
- EU passport or Swiss work permit is mandatory
Our company offers an attractive position for an ambitious, dedicated personality who wants to contribute to the future growth and excellence of the company.