Chartering Manager E/RU
For our client, a very successful, listed international mining and trading company with its trading office in Zug/Switzerland, we are looking for a motivated, qualified candidate as
Chartering Manager E/RU
This will be an additional position within a small team of the shipping department, reporting to the Head of Shipping.
The Chartering Manager will be responsible for chartering vessels for the shipment of steel, iron ore and coal materials. In addition, the role of the Chartering Manager will be the Marine Accounting (incl. demurrage/despatch/detention matters) and day-to-day Postfixing operations of the Shipping Department.
- Controlling the position of material on the way from the mill to the port, port stocks
- Arranging of alternative port solutions if required
- Chartering the vessels at best freight rate available at the market to fulfil sales contracts in time
- Analyzing shipping claims
- Monitoring the chartering market movements
- Collecting and controlling of payment of all invoices connected with hire, freight, disbursement accounts, bunkering, demurrage/despatch, etc.
- Demurrage/despatch/detention settlement with Shipowners, Buyers and Stevedoring Companies for shipments, including CIF/FOB, etc.
- Maintaining records and data in the in-house data system
- Coordinating with Accounting on Voyage cash flow analysis, monthly and annual reports, measuring and reporting financial performance
- Regulating issues with Receivers, Owners and Agents as regards to releasing of Bs/L as well as to delivery/release of cargoes at discharge ports, incl. issuance of various Maritime Letters of Indemnity, etc.
Your Profile / Professional Knowledge, Skills
- Professional qualification or Diploma : Maritime High education + Certificate of Competency
- 5+ years relevant working experience as Chartering Manager within commodity trading
- preferably previously postion as a Port Captain
- ideally knowledge of the far-eastern market
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and Russian language
- Experience of bulk shipments in coal, iron ore, pig iron and, preferably with steel products
- knowledge of post-fixing and laytime caltulation
- Strong communication skills to articulate clearly and concisely
- Profound organisational skills combined with a professional customer service oriented approach
- Strong team player with good problem solving skills and ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines
- Ship owners
- Shipping Managers and Shippers
- Finance Department