Head of Legal Affairs
Our client is the trading, marketing and export arm of a major, listed metals production group with operations worldwide.
The Legal Affairs Department plays a pivotal role in providing the Company with effective and comprehensive legal advice on business issues and strategies. This covers everything from providing legal input and advice on any kind of issues connected to the activities of the company.
We are entitled to search and recruit the important position of the
Head of Legal Affairs
The Head of Legal Affairs will be responsible for protecting the company by handling all legal related tasks including contractual, labour, finance, agency, competition/antitrust, public procurement and corporate law related issues with contact and instruction of external lawyers in case of arbitration or court cases.
Leading a small team, this position reports directly to the CEO with key relationship to Senior Management, Head Office abroad, Sales & Trading department, Finance & Treasury
- Providing legal support and advise to the company
- Corporate housekeeping of the Company and its subsidiary in line with Swiss law (incl. handling and preparation of shareholder’s meetings, resolutions of the board of directors etc.)
- Drafting and reviewing all types of contract in the scope of the activities of the Company (sales, agency, financing, intercompany etc.)
- Liaising with local authorities, external advisors and law companies
- Selecting, instructing and supervising external lawyers regarding arbitration or court cases of the Company or to obtain legal advice for foreign jurisdictions
- Supervising and guiding all activities of the Department
- Negotiations with third parties
- Design or review of various company policies
- Supporting management in various ad-hoc requests
- provide risk estimations to the board of directors
- reporting to HQ, auditors etc.
Professional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Swiss-qualified lawyer with excellent technical expertise in Swiss law, preferably with exposure to the law system and practices in Russia
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in an international environment, preferably in the metals industry
- Sound project management experience and strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of business and legal English and good German knowledge
- Confident and proficient use of MS Office
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal skills, preferably previous people management experience
- Accurate and efficient working style
- Self-confident and an ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and comfortable dealing with change and ambiguity
Our company offers an attractive position within an international work environment in a demanding industry.
Only candidates with Swiss or EU passport or valid work permit for Switzerland can be considered for this positon.