Financial Controller (fixed-term contract)
Our client is a very sucessful, international, listed metals group with production companies all over the world and commercial office in Zug / Switzerland.
For a maternity cover we are looking asap for a well versed, younger
Financial Controller (fixed-term contract until May 2022)
The Financial Controller is responsible for maintaining the Internal Control System of the trading company and its subsidiaries, including the performance and testing of controls, assessing and addressing control gaps in company processes. Additionally the Financial Controller is responsible for producing daily, weekly and monthly management and operational reports and for reporting and controlling VAT.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Controlling & Reporting this person works close together with the Accounting Department, Treasury Department, Trading Desks and Shipping Department.
- Perform controls and tests as detailed in the Internal Control System
- Carry out effective daily controls over disbursement and cost monitoring functions
- Assist Senior Financial Controller with organisation of annual stock take
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly management reports to management and sales divisions
- Active participation in monthly and quarterly accounting close procedures
- Assist Senior Financial Controller with G&A reporting and processes
- Provide support for annual budget campaign
Professional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Educated to degree level in Accounting/Finance or commercial school qualification or equivalent experience
- 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience in an international environment, preferably in the metals industry
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is essential
- Experience with Access, VBA macros and SAP ERP Financials is desirable
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of English is essential. German and Russian are an advantage
- Knowledge of EU VAT regulations is an advantage
- Accurate and efficient working style with good attention to detail to complete the daily processes
- Good interpersonal skills and team focused
- Structured approach with the ability to prioritise work load to meet deadlines
- Ability to absorb information quickly and thrive in high pressure environment
- Willingness to assume responsibility and work independently
- Customer oriented thinking with pro-active and flexible approach
This is an interesting opportunity to gain first insights within a trading environment and to be involved in the business. We are looking to receive your application soon.