Chief Accountant Commodity Trading
Our client is a very sucessful, mid-sized, stable international metals trading company with strong management, headquartered in Zug/Switzerland.
We are entitled to fill the important position asap as
Area of Responsibility
Accounting for all aspects of the traded metals (base metals and concentrates). Product is depending on the job allocations within the team. Essentially this is a liaison and co-ordination position that ensures deals and contracts (also hedges) are correctly captured and updated.
- Managing 2 staff members in functional and personal aspect, and overseeing all Accounting tasks for the company and back-up Accounting team as needed.
- Prepare and post monthly payroll data provided by HR in FA including reconciliation of (HR) data with Abacus
- Together with your team you will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting of allocated tasks by performing any combination of calculating, posting and verifying transactions in order to ensure that all financial data reflect a true and fair picture in accordance with IFRS and local Swiss OR.
- Analyzing, monitoring and reporting financial performance on above mentioned desks.
- Perform postings for assigned desks for material invoices, cost invoices and accruals.
- Control and management of the quarterly and year-end financial closing and the reporting thereof for the responsible desks as well as assistance for further closing tasks
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of several Excel reports to the attention of the Controller at HQ
- Point of contact to Management, CFO at HQ, Treasury, Accounting team overseas
- Main point of contact to internal and expternal Auditors
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in financial & a group accounting department of an international group, particularly metals and raw materials industry
- Very good knowledge of IFRS reporting ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations
- Leadership skills and experience in people management
- Experience with Trading Accounting/Finance systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Fluent in German and good command in English (Company language)
- Ability to work under time pressure and in a changing environment
- Strong team player
- Able to work with different nationalities and culture
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the organisation