Trade Finance Officer - LC Specialist
Our client is a mid-sized metals producer with Trading office in Zug.
A Letters of Credit (LC) Specialist will be responsible for handling multiple trade finance deals. The LC Specialist will work very closely with the Trading/Sales Administration/Shipping and Back-office teams to understand the trade flow in order to process and complete letters of credit and related documentation. The LC Specialist will communicate with various international banks on daily business queries.
- Responsible for the examination, advising, acceptance, amendments of export and import Letters of Credit and Standby Letters of Credit
- Ensuring the conditions of Letters of Credit are practical and can be fulfilled by the company;
- Ensuring the company’s interest is protected, terms and conditions of the L/Cs meet company’s credit risk policies and standards;
- Interfacing between banks and commercial departments on pending issues under Letters of Credits, investigates and resolves inquiries;
- Cooperate with L/C desk in HQ with preparing and presenting documents under Letters of Credit to banks;
- Daily administration and controlling L/C costs and quality of provided bank services;
- Data entering and updating statuses of Letters of Credit;
- Preparing periodic and statistical reports under Letters of Credit.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Commercial education within bank or trading company
- 2 - 5 years of prior experience working with a Trade Finance bank or in a international trading companies.
- Good understanding the correlation between various Documentary Business Instruments and Commodity Trade Finance.
- A working knowledge of the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits, Incoterms, Uniform Rules for Collections, the Bills of Exchange Act, International Standard Banking Practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard documents requirements in transportation, warehouse, customs clearance procedures, marine & transport insurance and mercantile law.
- Knowledge and understanding of transactional risks in commodity trading including credit risk, geographic risk, operational and performance risk.
- Fluency in English (working language), any other language is an asset.
- Must have an average understanding of various computer business applications and databases. Company operates SAP
Our client offers an interesting position, ideally for a person who is eager to be involved in the business. You bring an accurate work style, can take over responsibility and like to work within a small, professional and international team.