Our client is a very sucessful, European Energy Supply and Tradig company, headquartered in Switzerland.
The energy industry is changing, the company is growing and the company needs the right people to grow with.
We are therefore looking for a new team member to support the operations as
Excise & Customs Advisor
Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager, this role involves supporting and shaping the business on Excise and Customs matters as well as maintaining and developing Excise and Customs processes whilst ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- Sustaining relevant knowledge of Excise, Customs and related regulations and proactively monitoring the potential impact on Switzerland operations
- Maintaining and developing the optimal standardised Excise and Customs tax reporting and compliance process, documenting it and making it fit for purpose to cope with the growth of the Group and expected legislative and regulatory changes
- Responsible for timely and accurate Excise and Customs tax reporting
- Account reconciliations and being able to function as a backup
- Assist in indirect tax administration and tax audits
- Assist in providing training in systems and processes, and provide routine guidance to internal stakeholders
- Assist in testing of any Excise and Customs related systems enhancements
- Assist in first line Excise and Customs tax advisory (upfront involvement) and for supporting implementation of new activities (M&A)
- Assist in proper use of indirect tax opportunities and mitigation of indirect tax risks
- At least 5 year experience of working within an Indirect Tax, predominantly Excise / Customs controlled environment in a Logistics Forwarding company or within the Export department of an international company
- Working knowledge of Excise / Customs regulations and a strong compliance mind-set
- Computer literate to include a thorough understanding of JDE/Microsoft Office tools and sufficient technology capabilities to analyse data and use technology for decision-making
- Excellent team player
- Able to build relationships across functional areas in order to be seen as “trusted” business partner
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with autonomy and responsibility
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written German and English. French language skills comes in handy
- Experience in the mineral oil industry desirable
- Passionate, determined and creative problem solver with a history of getting things done in a challenging environment
- Able to work across organisational and cultural boundaries
In summary, if you are looking for your next challenge, are hands on and do not shy away from tax data analytics, improving tax data (quality), Excise / Customs risk management, Excise / Customs advice, corresponding with Customs Authorities in mainly Switzerland and assisting in M&A initiatives, then this might just be the job for you!